title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unexpected Error Message

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RadioSignal
    • Nov 2011

Unexpected Error Message

I am receiving, "You can choose multiple items only if they are all located in the same folder" as a response from dMC R14.2. Needless to say, the 20 items that I selected for input are all the same folder. Any ideas?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Unexpected Error Message

What action are you taking to get this message, as it does not seem familiar to me.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RadioSignal
      • Nov 2011

Re: Unexpected Error Message

So, I did a little experimenting...
      When CD Ripper created the this folder full of .FLAC files, many of the file names were very long, such as:

08 Tchaikovsky - The Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a (Transcribed by Nicolas Economou) ; Ii. Danses Caractéristiques; C. Danse R
      and
      13 Shostakovich - Concertino in a Minor, Op. 94 for Two Pianos; Adagio - Allegretto - Adagio - Allegro - Adagio - Allegret

When multiple files with these long names are selected as input for Music Converter with CTRL-Clicks, you receive this error. Manually shortening the file names allows the Music Converter program to function.

Perhaps, CD Ripper shouldn't create filenames this long. Either Windows 7 or Music Converter is being confused.

Comment

Working...

]]>