title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ID3 Tags droped on conversion (Tags are v2.4 poweramp only goes to v2.3)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DJEccentric
    • Sep 2007

ID3 Tags droped on conversion (Tags are v2.4 poweramp only goes to v2.3)

Hi All,

I'm running r 13.5.
    Does 14.2 support ID3v2.4
    I have to convert .aiff with ID3v2.4 tags over to FLAC Lossless and mp3 lossey and dbpoweramp does not recognize my ID3 Tags on my aiff files. I'm assuming because they are v2.4 tags.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
    Eccentric
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ID3 Tags droped on conversion (Tags are v2.4 poweramp only goes to v2.3)

R15 will support 2.4 until then dBpoweramp will not touch them, R15 is about 4 months away from the first beta even.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DJEccentric
      • Sep 2007

Re: ID3 Tags droped on conversion (Tags are v2.4 poweramp only goes to v2.3)

Thanks for the info Spoon.

I'd strongly suggest moving this to the top of the priority list since Beatport is now distributing .aiff files with 2.4 tags.

There are going to be a lot of prospective clients that need a converter that will edit their aiff's to other formats and unfortunately your tool does not meet the needs of this market.

I've been promoting your tool for years on NI Traktor forums, Beatport forums, Ableton forums, etc.

Now I have to share the bad news that anyone that wants to use this tool with the inevitably preferred method of Beatport downloads, will not be able to because it doesn't support 2.4 tags...

Not going to be good for dbpoweramp....

Oh, FYI: It would be good to put what version of ID3 tags are currently supoorted on your product page. (If it's there and I missed it sorry....)

Keep us posted on any progress. I've always been happy with and would rather upgrade my db then start searching for a new converter....

Thanks,
      Eccentric
      Last edited by DJEccentric; October 27, 2011, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>