title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

APE to FLAC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonM
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2008

APE to FLAC

So, I have a set of lossless files in .ape format, and want to convert them to .flac. I was in a hurry this morning and accidentally started the conversion process to an mp3 format that I use for portable devices. It was working when I stopped it, no error messages.

I then restarted the conversion process with flac selected and the correct path to the target location. I got a series of error messages, all to the effect of "can't open <target filepath and name>. Didn't have time to troubleshoot and may be able to fix when I get home, but am just wondering if there is anything I should be on the lookout for.

Was using base music converter, not batch.

Ron
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: APE to FLAC

Post one of the error lines please.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RonM
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2008

My bad.

The drive letter for my external drive (holds all the lossless files) had changed when I reconfigured my stuff. I accepted the default path offered by the music converter (last time used) without thinking. The path was to a non-existent location, hence the error message. Once corrected worked fine.

R.

Comment

• myview
        • Oct 2011

I am a newbie to this CD ripping thingy so please bear with me.

I have some APE files which are ripped from CDs as single long files (ie. all the tracks of the original CDs are not ripped as separate files but are contained in the same APE file). As a test, I tried and successfully used Music Converter to convert one of them into FLAC - one big FLAC file just like the original one big APE file. Is there a feature on the Music Converter software or any other user-friendly software which can split the file into different tracks (files)?

Thank you

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

dBpoweramp is not able to split ape files based on cuesheets.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MDRedwood
            • Nov 2007

I think EAC can, at least it can split a .wav using the cue sheet (just convert from the .ape to .wav, split using EAC, then use dBpoweramp to convert to .flac). I much prefer Spoon's software but occasionally dip back into EAC for cuesheet stuff (creating one, or splitting a file using a cuesheet).
            Cheers,
            Mike

Comment

Working...

]]>