title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Bulk conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lsilva
    • Aug 2011

Bulk conversion

I have several thousand FLAC files under a directory called FLAC in My Music. Below that songs are organized into Genre/Artist/Album. I want to convert the entire collection to mp3. How can I do that? When I open music converter it opens a dialog box to give it individual files. :(

When converted I want to put the mp3 into another folder called mp3 and retain the same structure below it as in FLAC. Hopefully the album art .jpg files and lyrics will transfer too.
    Last edited by lsilva; August 23, 2011, 09:53 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Bulk conversion

Use the program Batch Converter

and select Dynamic as the output location, set to: [origpath]\[origfilename]
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• lsilva
      • Aug 2011

Thanks. I tried that but it does not work as I want it to. My music is in FLAC under My Music. I want the converted files put under MP3 under My Music with the same file structure relative to FLAC, not starting at Users. Can I do that?

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by lsilva
        Thanks. I tried that but it does not work as I want it to. My music is in FLAC under My Music. I want the converted files put under MP3 under My Music with the same file structure relative to FLAC, not starting at Users. Can I do that?
        In the dynamic naming format, I use this with "folder" set to mp3:
        [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath]\[origfilename][]
        So if I have things in c:/flac/artist/album/....

it will put things in:

c:/mp3/artist/album/....

one can use [trimfirstfolder] twice if you need to remove the first TWO directories....

Comment

• lsilva
          • Aug 2011

Thanks. That solved my problem.

Comment

Working...

]]>