title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album Art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pengyou
    • Aug 2011

Album Art

Sorry for the idiot questions..I have been working with PC's since the TRS 80 but this is my first attempt into the audio world.

I see the album cover in dbpower. Where will that be stored? Right now, I am making a separate folder for each music CD that I am ripping. Am I doing something wrong?

What is the best way to organize the million files I will soon have on my hard drive?
  • Porcus
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2007

Re: Album Art

Originally posted by pengyou
    I see the album cover in dbpower. Where will that be stored?
    It will appear as a folder.jpg file in the folder of the file (overwritten if already exists), and as a tag in the file (not overwritten) -- at least if you use the same settings as I do.

Originally posted by pengyou
    Right now, I am making a separate folder for each music CD that I am ripping. Am I doing something wrong?

What is the best way to organize the million files I will soon have on my hard drive?
    Matter of preference. I have a five-figured number of files, and to me, one folder per physical disc is the best solution. (I also store data tracks -- if any -- in a zip file in the same folder.)

Tips:
    - If you have multiple releases with the same name (e.g. album name and single name the same, or, say, many of the Johnny Cash collections with the title 'Ring of Fire'), then use the disc id as part of the folder name.
    - If you have multiple releases of the same album, you might even want a more unique identifier, or manually enter into album title e.g. [remaster 1999].)

Comment

Working...

]]>