title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Adding Totaldiscs to FLAC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pumafred
    • Dec 2010

Adding Totaldiscs to FLAC

I have a large collection of FLACs to which I would like to add the TOTALDISCS tag. I understand I need this tag to later create optional folders CD01, CD02, etc., for multi-disc collections. Am I right?
    If so, is there any tool or option to automate this tagging process as much as possible?
    (In ID Tag Update I cannot find this tag among the possible "Additions". And if I type it in, I do not see that this would do the total disc counting by itself.)
  • tommy31
    • Nov 2011

Re: Adding Totaldiscs to FLAC

Hi everybody !

I have similar requirements: adding TOTALDISCS and TOTALTRACKS tag.

Is there an easy way to do this? For now I use foobar, but I would like to simplify my ripping process.

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

dBpoweramp will fill both of these in whilst ripping. If they are no present at ripping time, it cannot be added later automatically (total discs) as it has not been added to the files.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BrodyBoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2011

AFAIK, any ripping program can only add TOTALDISCS if it actually exists in the metadata, or if you add it manually. In other words, dBpoweramp can't know that a disc is part of a multi-disc set unless the metadata specifically includes that information. Since you can't be sure that this metadata is always complete and accurate for every disc, I'd suggest always checking it manually when ripping.

If you didn't include it in the original rip, it's easily added later with a tag editor, but I don't know of any way to automate that.

Comment

Working...

]]>