title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error message

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonM
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2008

Error message

I just installed the trial version of dbp (I have reference at home, this is on a different computer at my office). I tried to convert a wav file (a recording of voice) to mp3, and got the following error message:

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Documents and Settings\Ronm\Desktop\temp\A0000008.WAV' to 'C:\Documents and Settings\Ronm\Desktop\temp\A0000008.mp3'
    Error Cannot Create Wave Decoder (CCITT A-Law)? [clWaveDecoder::PrepareToDecodeAudio]

What's the problem here?

Ron
  • RonM
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2008

Re: Error message

Did some checking, and I'm able to convert other files to wav, and then these wav files to other things, so it may be a problem with this particular file. Which would be sad since I need to do these conversions, to do transcriptions of recordings -- the wav files are too big to work with conveniently.

I am able to play this file with WMP, so the file is not corrupt -- I suspect it is the encoder or encoded form, which seems to be CCITT A-Law, which is the problem.

r.
    Last edited by RonM; April 01, 2011, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

dBpoweramp is not able to decode the A-Law encoded wave files.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RonM
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Nov 2008

Drat! Would be nice.

But probably not a big deal, as we can listen to the files using WMP (or whatever). But we could probably have much reduced filesize by converting to MP3. Although the 8/8/64 files we're starting with may not be too inflated size-wise.

Still would be nice capability to have, even though it's not a music format (it's a telecoms thing).

R.

Comment

Working...

]]>