title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Using LAME versions older than 3.98 in DMC R14 lead to completely distorted files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michi95
    • Mar 2011

Using LAME versions older than 3.98 in DMC R14 lead to completely distorted files

I have tried to use older LAME versions by replacing the 3.98.4 lame.exe inside the DMC R14 program folder.

All versions before 3.98 lead to completely distorted files (full of noise).

Obvious the mp3 (Lame).dll (that controls the lame.exe ?) is only compatible with LAME 3.98.X versions.

Please, do you know a way how to use older LAME versions in DMC R14 ?

Or is it possible to update the mp3 (Lame).dll to work with older LAME versions (especially 3.93.1) ?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Using LAME versions older than 3.98 in DMC R14 lead to completely distorted files

The older lame versions are not compatible.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• michi95
      • Mar 2011

Re: Using LAME versions older than 3.98 in DMC R14 lead to completely distorted files

Originally posted by Spoon
      The older lame versions are not compatible.
      Ok, but please add a warning message to the next dMC update version if an older lame.exe is in use, because there a many people that still prefer to use LAME 3.97.2 (and replace lame.exe for different applications).

So, the only way to use LAME versions prior to 3.98 is to use the additional CLI plugin encoding option ?

Comment

• michi95
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by michi95
        there a many people that still prefer to use LAME 3.97.2 (and replace lame.exe for different applications).
        Oopps not 3.97.2 !
        It is version 3.97 !

I cannot edit my previous post anymore.
        Is there a time limit in this forum for the edit option ?

Comment

Working...

]]>