title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Converter Crashes Computer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neonfire999
    • Mar 2011

Batch Converter Crashes Computer

I have a folder of about 9GB of Dream Theater CD rips (all FLAC). So I open up dBpoweramp Batch Converter and navigate to the folder and check the folder that everything is in. Then I press Convert and it brings up the next window. In this window, I don't really change any options except put it to a dynamic path contained in the music folder and put this: "[artist]\[album]\[disc] [track] [title]". Then I press convert. It will then start converting 4 songs, one on each core. When it finishes one song, the other 3 will then jump to the end and the screen will go black and the computer will suddenly turn off. I took a picture of an error message that it gave one of the times and here it is...
    So if anyone can help me out with this, I'd really like to get this working so I can put this music on my iPod :P Thanks.
    Last edited by neonfire999; March 09, 2011, 12:48 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Batch Converter Crashes Computer

BTStackServer is not part of Batch Converter, google 'btstackserver.exe application error' and you will see.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• neonfire999
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
      BTStackServer is not part of Batch Converter, google 'btstackserver.exe application error' and you will see.
      Ok then, what is the problem with the batch converter then? Do you know how to fix it?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Batch Converter is not the part which is crashing, it is this other program.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• neonfire999
          • Mar 2011

Batch Converter is not the part which is crashing, it is this other program.
          Well then why does it happen every time I run batch converter? And I after I got that error, I ended that process and tried the batch converter again and the computer still shut down.

Comment

• neonfire999
            • Mar 2011

Ok, so I figured it might be something to do with the computer overheating, so I downloaded this application called CoreTemp. I set it to protect my computer from overheating and then ran the Batch Converter again. This time it made it through a couple files and then I moved the mouse and everything crashed and the computer shut down. I also tried just leaving it and it gets just below half-way through and then crashes. I really want to get this fixed. This is a good program with a lot of cool functions that I want to use so any and all help is appreciated.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Your computer should never overheat no matter what is run on it, I know with my computers they run at 100% of CPU usage for days on end with no issues.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• neonfire999
                • Mar 2011

Your computer should never overheat no matter what is run on it, I know with my computers they run at 100% of CPU usage for days on end with no issues.
                Well then why would it be shutting down like that?

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Because your computer is faulty.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by neonfire999
                    Well then why would it be shutting down like that?
                    Are you overclocking your PC?

Try one of the many free PC stress test applications to test your PC hardware for stability.

Also, have you tried disabling the btstackserver.exe application?

Comment

• neonfire999
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by mville
                      Are you overclocking your PC?

Try one of the many free PC stress test applications to test your PC hardware for stability.

Also, have you tried disabling the btstackserver.exe application?
                      I'm not overclocking my PC. I tried some of the stress test applications, and found one called Prime95 that finds prime numbers to test your machine, and within a few seconds of starting to run it, my computer shut down. I'm not sure what's wrong..

Comment

• mville
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by neonfire999
                        I'm not overclocking my PC. I tried some of the stress test applications, and found one called Prime95 that finds prime numbers to test your machine, and within a few seconds of starting to run it, my computer shut down. I'm not sure what's wrong..
                        Check the heatsink is seated correctly on the cpu. Also, check your ram.

Comment

Working...

]]>