title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

"Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_READ_FRAME' in FLAC File"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elvos
    • Feb 2011

"Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_READ_FRAME' in FLAC File"

When converting an original WAV-file to FLAC, everything is ok.
    But when I change the ID3 Tag in this FLAC (with Tag&Rename) and try to convert that FLAC-file back to WAV (or MP3), I get this error:

Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_READ_FRAME' in FLAC File

So the FLAC-file gets corrupt by changing the tags in Tag&Rename.

Any idea how to solve this problem?
    Thanks in advance!
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: "Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_READ_FRAME' in FLAC File"

Originally posted by Elvos
    When converting an original WAV-file to FLAC, everything is ok.
    But when I change the ID3 Tag in this FLAC (with Tag&Rename) and try to convert that FLAC-file back to WAV (or MP3), I get this error:

Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_READ_FRAME' in FLAC File

So the FLAC-file gets corrupt by changing the tags in Tag&Rename.

Any idea how to solve this problem?
    Thanks in advance!
    not your issue, but you do realize that it is a very bad idea to put ID3 tags in a FLAC file. It is possible but not recommended and does NOT conform to FLAC standard. It can cause lots of problems with some players. FLAC uses vorbis comment tags.

Comment

• Elvos
      • Feb 2011

That's correct! As far as I know, Tag&Rename tags FLAC-files by using vorbis comment so that shouldn't be the problem in this case.

I guess Tag&Rename is one of the most used programs to tag (FLAC) files so it seems very strange to me that this causes my FLAC's to corrupt the files after tagging, but it does :sad:

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Elvos
        That's correct! As far as I know, Tag&Rename tags FLAC-files by using vorbis comment so that shouldn't be the problem in this case.

I guess Tag&Rename is one of the most used programs to tag (FLAC) files so it seems very strange to me that this causes my FLAC's to corrupt the files after tagging, but it does :sad:
        I only mentioned this because you said you tried to change the ID3 tag in a FLAC file. Maybe you didn't really mean ID3, just trying to change the tag in the FLAC file.

You might look at mp3tag. Most serious users I know speak highly of mp3tag (yes, it does FLAC, etc.). I rarely hear people recommend tag&rename. I use mp3tag and it is a very powerful tagging program.

Comment

• Elvos
          • Feb 2011

Sorry for my late response!

You're correct! I meant to change the tag of the FLAC, not ID3.
          Although I'm using tag&rename for a very long time already, I'm gonna give mp3tag a chance and let you know if that solves the problem.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...

]]>