title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

can't get ID3V2 tags when converting from FLAC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spectrum7glr
    • Jan 2011

can't get ID3V2 tags when converting from FLAC

Hello, as stated in thread title i can't get ID3V2 tags when i convert my FLAC library to MP3: only ape2 & ID3V1 (at least that's what's written in the pop up windows that appears when i roll over the mouse on any converted track). The downside of this behaviour is that when i import my collection in Zune all tracks/albums/artists longer than 30 chars are truncated. I've already checked DBpoweramp MP3 encoding configuration and selected iD3V2 only.
    the strange thing is that when i right click on the MP3s and check for Tag properties i see the correct album/track name/artist (so longer than 30 c hras if needed) but winodws only see the truncated one.

any suggestion? is there a way to correct this issue (upgrade software, uninstal/reinstall, use other SW) or i've to rerip all my Cds collection (please tell me that there's ANOTHER solution :( )? BTW no need to add that reripping all my Cds (more than 1000) could ruin my 2011 :cry: .

additional info:

1)I'm using DBpoweramp R13.4 and i ripped and tagged all my Cds with it
    2) FLAC files all have album art and Vorbis comment (as suggested by the program itself)
    3)conversion made using the batch converter
    4)windows 7 64bit

thanks in advance for you attention
    Last edited by Spectrum7glr; January 18, 2011, 08:47 AM.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: can't get ID3V2 tags when converting from FLAC

Originally posted by Spectrum7glr
    Hello, as stated in thread title i can't get ID3V2 tags when i convert my FLAC library to MP3: only ape2 & ID3V1 (at least that's what's written in the pop up windows that appears when i roll over the mouse on any converted track). The downside of this behaviour is that when i import my collection in Zune all tracks/albums/artists longer than 30 chars are truncated. I've already checked DBpoweramp MP3 encoding configuration and selected iD3V2 only.
    the strange thing is that when i right click on the MP3s and check for Tag properties i see the correct album/track name/artist (so longer than 30 c hras if needed) but winodws only see the truncated one.

any suggestion? is there a way to correct this issue (upgrade software, uninstal/reinstall, use other SW) or i've to rerip all my Cds collection (please tell me that there's ANOTHER solution :( )? BTW no need to add that reripping all my Cds (more than 1000) could ruin my 2011 :cry: .

additional info:

1)I'm using DBpoweramp R13.4 and i ripped and tagged all my Cds with it
    2) FLAC files all have album art and Vorbis comment (as suggested by the program itself)
    3)conversion made using the batch converter
    4)windows 7 64bit

thanks in advance for you attention
    first, easy enough to fix already ripped files. Install mp3tag. Go to settings and have it "read" ape and id3v1 and id3v2, but have it keep only id3v2 tags. There's a couple of steps here, but go to mp3tag forums and search on "delete tags" and you'll see lots of help. Its easy.

Regarding why you are in this situation: What are your settings in dbpa for mp3 tagging? open dbpa configuration, click on codecs tab, then advanced options. Scroll down to mp3 and you'll see what you've selected as the tags to be used for mp3 files. I highly recommend ID3v2.3 only. Multiple tags can cause problems later on.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

R14 fixed this issue. What it is the limited account you are running converter in, set to Administrator access rights, run dBpoweramp Configuration and on Codec >> Advanced Settings >> Set the ID tag type for mp3 to id3v2, after doing this you can set the account back to a limited user account.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spectrum7glr
        • Jan 2011

@Spoon
        Thank you so much: i've just tried using an administrative account and everything works perfectly! You literally saved my 2011 . Good to know that R14 addressed this (minor) issue: I think i'll upgrade to R14 when my AMG license expires...GD3 for life is a great deal

@garym
        thank you too: i'll give MP3tag a run if it can change tags on the fly to a vast collection of files.

bye!

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

dBpoweramp can update the ID Tags from Ape to id3v2, simply install the [ID Tag Update] codec from codec central and convert the mp3 files to this codec, it will remove the ape tags and write id3v2 tags (without reencoding the audio).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spectrum7glr
            • Jan 2011

i didn't know: great feature...i'll try it in the first place

err..in the end the issue was located between the keyboard and the monitor

Comment

• DiabloJim
              • Feb 2011

Thanks. I wasn't having problems with the converter--that was writing ID3v2 tags--but I was having problems with the ripper. For some reason that was only writing v1 tags, which meant I had to muck around with MP3Tag, or fix the song titles/album titles/whatever track by track.

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by DiabloJim
                Thanks. I wasn't having problems with the converter--that was writing ID3v2 tags--but I was having problems with the ripper. For some reason that was only writing v1 tags, which meant I had to muck around with MP3Tag, or fix the song titles/album titles/whatever track by track.
                then you haven't setup something properly in dbpa. You can tell it to use id3v2.3 tags in the settings. But if you are ripping to FLAC you wouldn't want ID3 tags to begin with. FLAC should use vorbis comments tags.

Comment

Working...

]]>