title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Illegal filename character mappings

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • timw0932
    • Sep 2010

Illegal filename character mappings

I'm finding that dMC is converting colons in tags to semicolons, which I don't want. Instead, I want all characters in tags that are illegal in filenames to become dashes, except for double quotes, which I want to become single quotes. Any way to do this?

Alternatively, I'm converting everything in my "Lossless" folder to "Lossy". Is there any way to get dMC to duplicate the directory structure and just copy the existing directory and file names? I'm currently using this dynamic format string in dMC:

Lossy\[album artist]\[album]\[track] [title]

This mimics what I did in the Lossless source folder with mp3tag and does duplicate the existing directory structure, except for the illegal character mappings.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Illegal filename character mappings

CD Ripper >> Options >> Filename restricted characters.

Lossy\[origpath]\[origfilename]
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• timw0932
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
      CD Ripper >> Options >> Filename restricted characters.
      Right, I had already done that for the CD Ripper. It doesn't have any effect on the Music Converter, though.

Lossy\[origpath]\[origfilename]
      That doesn't work. It duplicates the entire path to the "Lossless" folder, e.g.
      X:\user\Music\Lossless\Artist\Album\song.flac

becomes:
      X:\user\Music\Lossy\user\Music\Lossless\Artist\Alb um\song.mp3

Also, now that I've tried it, I've lost the previous "Dynamic" string. That editbox really needs to be a combobox with history.

P.S. I previewed this message several times before posting, and every time, the second occurrence of "Artist\Album" had a space embedded in "Album", which I see carried over into the posted message. That space character did not appear when composing or when editing the posted message. I rewrote it and copied the first space-less occurrence over it, but no change. Weird!
      Last edited by timw0932; November 03, 2010, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You can use:

Lossy\[trimgfirstfolder][trimgfirstfolder][trimgfirstfolder][origpath][][][]\[origfilename]
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• timw0932
          • Sep 2010

Thanks!

Comment

Working...

]]>