title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch convert - error reading db command file

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endian
    • Jan 2010

Batch convert - error reading db command file

Hi,

Today I downloaded the trial version of dbPowerAmp, and installed it on a nice new iMac with an Intel Core i7 870 QuadCore CPU.

I then started to batch-convert my 7000+ song library from FLAC to Apple Lossless. It started to chew on very nicely, estimating the conversion to take around 4 hours, working att 134x speed, keeping all CPU cores warm.

However, after an hour or so, problems started to occur. First three dialogs popped up saying "Core Converter" - "Error reading dB Command File". I closed those and let it continue.

It worked on for a few seconds, but then more and more of those dialogs popped up, until all hell broke loose. Now I've got my screen half full of them.

What to do?

Regards, Kenneth
  • endian
    • Jan 2010

Re: Batch convert - error reading db command file

Hi again.

I now suspect that the problem occured because my disk became full...

/ K

Comment

• endian
      • Jan 2010

The problem occurred because the disk was full, but I would still like you to improve the behavior and error messages at full disk, to avoid users sending in unnecessary error messages (and unnecessary head-scratching).

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It would be the %tmp% folder which you could not write to, even the OS might struggle and randomly have issues if the %tmp% folder is not available.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>