title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

problem with long (30-60 min) MP3s

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

problem with long (30-60 min) MP3s

I listen to fairly long (30-60 minute) audio files on my Rio 500. Some of these I record myself as .wav files and then convert to MP3. My problem -- I like DBpowerAMP; it's simple, efficient and easily accessible. But for longer MP3 files, it's encoding method seems not to work properly.

What I mean is, if I convert a 60 minute .wav file into a 32 kbps MP3 using DBpowerAMP I get a 12MB MP3 encoded as "MPEG 1 Layer 3". It will play in my Rio for 10 minutes or so, then refuse to play further. Period. Now ... if I convert the same .wav file into a 32 kbps MP3 using, say, MusicMatch, the file is still about 12MB but it's encoded as "MPEG 2 Layer 3". THIS file will play all the way through, will bookmark and return, every function perfectly.

I know, "why not just use MM?" It's a crummy, bloated program, IMHO. I'd like to use DBpowerAMP, but I'd like to figure out how to change the settings so the long MP3s I create play properly on my Rio.

What am I doing wrong?

p.s. -- I listen to old time radio dramas and tech talk radio shows, that's what the long MP3s are.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Try lowering the frequency and dMC will create a 2.5 mpeg file.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>