title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to import/change PopupInclude settings remotely?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marzsyndrome
    • Sep 2010

How to import/change PopupInclude settings remotely?

Hey, greetings all for the first time!

Just wanted to inquire about something related to the popup settings saved in HKCU\Illustrate\dBpoweramp.

I've noticed that when you use the configuration program to state which tags should or shouldn't be displayed in the Info Popup window, it saves the (PopupInclude) settings into the above key in a pretty bizarre manner. No spaces seperating the tag names. If I export this setting into a reg file and examine in notepad or a notepad alternative (such as metapad), the tags will appear to either be seperated by carriage returns or will be squelched together like how it's seen in RegEdit (no spaces), depending on what notepad-like program you're using.

Now the problem....... if I try to import this key into the registry later on (to change the tags remotely), Windows won't actually load the PopupInclude part of the reg file. What does dMC do to the key in such a way that only it can load the new tags into registry? I hope it's still possible to do it remotely somehow.

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How to import/change PopupInclude settings remotely?

There is a \r between the values, the exporting is not exporting these values.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• marzsyndrome
      • Sep 2010

So it should be ""Type\rSize\rLength\rChannels\rSample Rate\rSample Size\rBit Rate\rProtected"?

If I add the "\r" bits into a reg file, it should import correctly then, right?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

No because \r is character code '13' which text editors will not allow you to enter. \r is just the representation in c++
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• marzsyndrome
          • Sep 2010

So there's basically no-way of changing the tags without using the config program? :(

I do wonder why stuff like "\r" was used in the first place. Could've just gone with seperators like ; or , I reckon!

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It is not designed for external modification, you can do it with a program which can write \r between the values.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• marzsyndrome
              • Sep 2010

I see. Do you happen to know of any programs which can do just that (aside from dMC of course)?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Sorry I do not.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>