title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't seem to get track *blooper*'s right

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soothsayer
    • Nov 2008

Can't seem to get track *blooper*'s right

Hi
    I'm converting flac to mp4 for itunes lossless but the track number always seems to end up with the title. I can't seem to figure correct tagging for the track number that imports easily into itunes. I'm currently doing ---- [artist]\[album]\[track][title]
    Any help would greatly be appreciated.:smile2:
    And how about various artist compilations?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can't seem to get track *blooper*'s right

In the title in iTunes or in the filename?, if you remove [track] from the naming string then there will be no track number in the filename.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• soothsayer
      • Nov 2008

Spoon, sorry it took so long with the answer to your question. The filename looks correct before importing but in Itunes the number stays with the song title instead of being in track number. ie....(02 Waiting On A Friend) with nothing in the column for track number.:smile2: also if I do take [track] from the naming string will itunes know to make it the correct track?
      Last edited by soothsayer; September 01, 2010, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

iTunes would not take the filename, rather only the values from the ID Tags.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• soothsayer
          • Nov 2008

Thanks, that explains why after I clean up the titles and artwork in Itunes on one pc but if I share the library with another copy of Itunes on another pc I have to clean everything up again. Is there a good program to correct the ID Tags for my library (I'm up to 1.5T apple lossless). I guess what I'm asking is if there is a program that would do it and what the correct string or setup is for importing into itunes.
          Last edited by soothsayer; September 03, 2010, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• soothsayer
            • Nov 2008

I downloaded ID Tag Update and Tag from Filename. I'll try these and sorry about the dumb question.:smile2:

Comment

Working...

]]>