title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Truncated Track - Audio CD Input

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Truncated Track - Audio CD Input

I am finding that when I rip some tracks off a CD, they are truncated by about 2 seconds ... I lose the very end of the song.

I am converting to WMA 9 @ 64 kbps, 44MHz, Stereo CBR.

Anyone know why that is happening and whether I can fix it?

Thanks, Jim
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

If you have the Power Pack do a rip with options and make sure there are no 'DSP Effects' running.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Thanks for the prompt reply .....

I don't have the Power Pack ... I simply downloaded the "freeware" version of DMC. Is the Power Pack likley to solve the problem?

Addendum: I just downloaded the Power Pack ... that made no diffrence, but I notice that when I preview the track with DMC Audio CD Input (+ Power Pack), it stops playing 2-3 seconds before the end of the offending track as well. I use QCD to play CDs and other audio files normally, and it plays that track through to the end. Similarly, Windows Media Player.

Don't know if that additional information helps, but if anyone has any other ideas, I'l be interested in hearing them!

Jim

Comment

• Unregistered

I just solved my own problem ... it appears that I have a damaged CD! I tried using the "rip as one" option ... when I tried to snap to the track, I noticed it was snapping a little short of the end of the track ... I then extended the range by editing the end frame number and tried to rip it ... it got to the end of the range and then stopped, reporting an error: possible scratch on the CD.

I since tried to copy the track using Windows Media Player, and it almost worked (got a little further), so I guess it is only a minor flaw on the CD, but enough to trip up the ripping process!

Thanks for you help ... I'll see if my daughter has a CD cleaner.

Jim

Comment

Working...

]]>