title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

online and offline freedb problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • timblack
    • May 2003

online and offline freedb problems

I have used an unregistered version of dbpowerAMP for almost a year to convert mp3s. Now, I'm using the Audio CD Input app, and having trouble with freedb access. I've tracked all the support in your forum, but nothing seems to help.

The status bar says: "Getting CDDB info..." when error dialogue pops up saying the infamous "Could not connect to freedb database, please check your internet connection."

1. I am on a LAN under a firewall and proxy server using port 80.
    2. I am able to access Freedb from other apps (Tag&Rename) with the settings the same as my dbpowerAMP settings (freedb.freedb.org:80).
    3. I've changed the server to us.freedb.org:80 to no avail.
    4. In dbpowerAMP options, when I open the Select Sever button, no servers appear in the resulting dialogue.
    5. I've also downloaded the 207MB freedb database, decompressed it into a folder (which took about 24 hours, mind you) and specified the offline server folder in dbpowerAMP options. It seems to search the database when I insert a cd (it takes several minutes and status bar indicates it's searching offline db), but never locates them in the database, and these are common jazz cd's that should be found.

Do you have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong with both the online and offline freedb access??

Thanks a Bunch,
    Tim Black
    Embedded (DSP) Firmware Engineer
    Biamp Systems
    (800)826-1457 x153
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Are you sure it is port 80 for the proxy? normally proxies are 8080, or 1080 or 880, etc.

For the offline one you need the Windows Database (there are two versions, I am quite sure you have the unix one with 100000's of files).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• timblack
      • May 2003

I'm quite sure that my proxy's using port 80, bc this is the setting I've always used for http on this proxy. I double-checked and 8080 doesn't work either. Any other suggestions to solve the online freedb woes?

Yes, I definitely have the Unix database. I haven't found a Windows version of freedb to download. Everything I've read from freedb.org indicates that Windows users have to get the Unix db first, then convert it to some Windows db format. What format does dbpowerAMP need it in? Do you know where/how I can get it in this format?

Thanks,
      Tim

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You need the Windows database, there are two different versions you can download (no conversion - just for updates).

The freedb is being looked at shortly, I will see if I can dig out any bugs.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>