title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Question about WMA 9 VBR encoding

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Question about WMA 9 VBR encoding

Hi - I'm a new user of dMC/Power Pack/Sveta. I think these are great apps and I'm very pleased that I discovered them. Anyway, I've been playing around with the dMC Audio CD Input. It's a very sweet program and I am hooked. I have a question though about ripping VBR WMA files.

I tried ripping some WMA 2-Pass VBR tracks and I'm not sure if it's working or not. If I hold the mouse over the track and the yellow shell info screen pops up, it does say in there that the track is VBR (it specifically says IsVBR: Yes) but if I examine the same track in Rio Music Manager it says that it is a CBR file with the bitrate that was selected in the compression settings window of dMC (eg, "64 kbps, 44kHz, Stereo VBR" setting in dMC will produce a track that says "64 kpbs CBR" in RMM). Is this normal? I tried ripping a VBR mp3 track and it does say "VBR" in RMM.

Also, is there a way to set min & max bit rate for a WMA VBR like you can for an mp3?

Finally, at the end of the title bar at the top of the dMC Audio CD Input program screen, it says "[AccurateRip Unconfigured]". What does that mean?

Thanks and keep up the great work!

jorsch
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

'IsVBR: Yes' is internal to WMA, ie is not a tag a program sets, so I am certain they are VBR files, RMM must be reporting it wrong (hint post on www.rioworld.org forum to get a line to the programmers @ sonicblue).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>