title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Not converting MP3's

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Not converting MP3's

I have several mp3 files encoded at 256 kbps cbr. The files also have album artwork at 600x600.

When I try to batch convert in R13.5 to 'standard' vbr, the conversion appears to finish OK, but the files remain at 256 kbps cbr and are not converted.

If I remove the album artwork, the files are converted to 'standard' vbr, no problem.

Any advice as to what is going on here? TIA
    Last edited by mville; July 21, 2010, 12:20 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Not converting MP3's

Try converting to another folder, if the files are going through the conversion it cannot remember the bitrate of the source file as the encoder has no access to the source file (other than decoded data).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
      Try converting to another folder, if the files are going through the conversion it cannot remember the bitrate of the source file as the encoder has no access to the source file (other than decoded data).
      Coverting to another folder worked for most files. However, I get some "...error decoding MP3 data steam, is corrupt?" messages, not all files.

If I remove the artwork from these files, I get no errors. Tags and artwork written with Mp3tag v2.46a.

Also, the APEv2 tags containing MP3Gain data are lost during conversion. ID3v1 and ID2v2 tags are retained.
      Last edited by mville; July 21, 2010, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Please send me one of those files (with the artwork which gives the corrupt error):

Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>