title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

command line question - keeping filename

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • olorcos10
    • Jul 2010

command line question - keeping filename

Hello,

until now I right click the file I want to convert, use "convert to" with my standardsetting and here will be a file with the same name converted.

I want to do the same with the command line: Convert wav files to mp3 and use the helix mp3 (or lame) codec, getting the filename from TotalCommander.

So far I'm able to convert a file but I'm not able and can't find any info how to use the same filename for infile and outfile.

I have tried:
    "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\coreConverter.exe" -infile="%1" -outfile=outfile.mp3 -convert_to"mp3 (helix)" -cli_encoder="C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\mp3 (Helix)\hmp3.exe" -cli_cmd=" - {qt}[-]{qt} -V70 -X" -selection="0,9"

"c:\program files\illustrate\dbpoweramp\coreconverter.exe" -infile="%1" -outfile=outfile.mp3 -convert_to="mp3 (Helix)" -cli_encoder="C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\mp3 (Helix)\hmp3.exe" -cli_cmd="[infile] [outfile]"

and - copied from the helix help file:

"c:\program files\illustrate\dbpoweramp\coreconverter.exe" -infile="%1" -outfile="c:\outfile.mp3" -convert_to="mp3 (Helix)" -cli_encoder="C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\encoder\mp3 (Helix)\hmp3.exe" -cli_cmd=" - [outfile] -VBR120 -X"

everything is working fine but how do I define the outfile name when I want the infile name+the new extension.

I searched the forum and tried all combinations I found for outfile: -, stdin %d with all kinds of brackets and %s and quotes, but got only errors or stupid looking filenames. The same when I use a set infile-name =xyz.wav and tried to convert it to xyz.mp3.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Or is there a better way just opening a file from commandline in "musicconverter.exe" and convert it with standerd settings?

Thanks alot.

Regards,
    olorcos10
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: command line question - keeping filename

It is not easy, total commander would have to supply the outfile exactly as it should be.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• olorcos10
      • Jul 2010

Hello Spoon,

thanks for trying to help me. I think TC gives the right data because when I use infile="%1" and outfile="%1.mp3" I got what I want but it as of course the double extension. And right clicking an "Convert to" is also working.

But even when it will not work with TC I still plan use the command line more often and would really like to know the right syntax when I set the infile name to a specific file.

Maybe it is possible to use tags for the filename but outfile=[title] or =%title% also didn't work.

Thanks again

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You would need the outfilename to no have any extension (from the source), it might be possible to do a batch file or vbs script file (.vbs) which strips the extension.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• olorcos10
          • Jul 2010

So there are no variables or parameters for "outfile" that could be used to "build" the name from the "infile" name? How is this done when using "convert to" from context menu or with the batch converter?

And what are stdin stdout for? I thought I could use this for my batch file? In some helpfiles (in Helix encoder for example) there is also mentioned to use "-" for infile or outfile.

Maybe this could be a feature for a future update: To use "infile filename" as parameter for the outfile.

Sorry, I'm not very familiar with vbs or batch scripts. All what I want to do is to convert a marked file with standard settings. At the moment I use a marco that right click the file - choose "convert to" and enter. I thought this could be better done with a command line file and to get familiar with the batch capabilities of dBpoweramp.

Thanks again

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

No variables.

Stdin and out are used if you are streaming the actual data into the converter using stdio.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• olorcos10
              • Jul 2010

Okay! That would explain why every attempt I tried failed.

Regards and thank you again for you time.

Comment

Working...

]]>