title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting books...something changed...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbeedle
    • Jul 2010

Converting books...something changed...

I've been using dbpoweramp to convert Audible audio for a while now with great success. The last couple books, though have an issue. Something seems to have changed, either on my end (which I don't recall doing) or on Audibles end. I'm able to convert the .aa files to mp3 using either lame or helix but the resulting mp3 seems to be at the wrong bit rate. It plays but sounds like a tape would on fast forward, or a record (remember those?) at too high an RPM. I haven't found where to adjust this on dbpoweramp though I haven't dug a lot. Is there any way to correct this?

I can resample the file using Audacity and that works but at a notable loss of sound quality and an extra lengthy step. Is anyone able to offer a suggestion?

Thanks!

BTW, pulled down the latest dbpoweramp the other day (R13.5 I beleive). No change in the behavior. I've also tried DSP Effects (updated recently also) Resample. It sounds like it helps but doesn't go far enough.

(I understand that Audible does not condone this type of behavior. If posting this is an issue on the forums please delete and accept my apologies.)
    Last edited by dbeedle; July 13, 2010, 08:12 PM.
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Converting books...something changed...

Unfortunately we are unable to help with converting audible files, see http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=8981

Comment

Working...

]]>