title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

APE Decoder error

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • delaluna
    • Jun 2010

APE Decoder error

hey guys,

i'm using dBpoweramp Music Converter R13.5. i cant convert from APE to anything else as the decoder is not working. this is the error it repeatedly gives me -

"Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'F:\Track01.ape' to 'F:\Track01.mp3'
    Error: Unable to load decoder for file type '.ape', codec not installed? visit 'Codec Central'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]"

this error comes out whenever i try to convert from .ape files, and the test conversion gives me the same error.

i did a search and found this thread. i'm having the same problem as this guy, but i just don't know how to resolve it???
    I have put the lastest version of dbPowerAmp (R12 Beta 4 Ref) and the Monkeys audio plugin (v3.99) but now I cant convert from APE to anything else as the decoder is not working. Everything worked fine with R12 Beta 1 It shows up as a decoder in the configuration but upon conversion says: Error converting to mp3

thanks so much!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: APE Decoder error

You have installed the Monkeys Audio Codec?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• delaluna
      • Jun 2010

yes installed monkey audio.

i've also uninstalled and reinstalled dBpoweramp Music Converter, but still the same error.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You have installed the Monkey Audio codec to the same folder as Music Converter? you can check which decoders dbpoweramp is using by running dbpoweramp configuration >> Codecs
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• delaluna
          • Jun 2010

spoon,

hey it's working now after installing the monkey audio codec. i made the mistake of installing Monkey's Audio 4.06, instead of the codec.

thanks so much!

Comment

Working...

]]>