title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Glitch at front of converted files.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carlatwork
    • May 2010

Glitch at front of converted files.

Hi there.

I'm using batch converter to convert about 30 thousand AIFFs @ 16bit 48KHz to MP3s @ 320 Kbps 44.1 KHz.

Unfortunately the program is causing errors in some of the files - a glitch at the beginning of the file. It is only about 1 in 50 or 100 files.

I have picked one of these files and done various tests to see if I could come up with a work around but have been unsuccessful. From these tests I have found the following:

When converting from AIFF or WAV @ 16bit 48KHz, or from AIFF or WAV @ 16bit 44.1KHz to MP3 @ 320 Kbps 44.1 KHz the glitch occurs.

When converting from AIFF or WAV @ 16bit 48KHz, or from AIFF or WAV @ 16bit 44.1KHz to MP3 @ 320 Kbps 48 KHz the glitch does not occur.

When converting from AIFF or WAV @ 16bit 48KHz, or from AIFF or WAV @ 16bit 44.1KHz to MP3 @ 128 Kbps 44.1 KHz or 48 KHz, the glitch does not occur.

When converting from AIFF or WAV @ 16bit 48KHz, or from AIFF or WAV @ 16bit 44.1KHz to MP3 @ 320 Kbps 32 KHz the glitch does not occur.

When converting from AIFF or WAV @ 16bit 48KHz, or from AIFF or WAV @ 16bit 44.1KHz to MP3 @ 320 Kbps 24 KHz the glitch occurs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Carl
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Glitch at front of converted files.

See:

Download: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpoweramp-codec-aiff.exe Changes: Bug Fix: Sample Count in SSND was 2 too many causing some players to decode into the ID Tag after the audio. Convert existing AIFF files >> AIFF with this new encoder to fix header.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• carlatwork
      • May 2010

Thanks for your reply.

I installed the codec but I still have the same problem.....

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try converting the mp3 which has the glitch to wav with dbpoweramp and try to play it in Windows Media Player.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• carlatwork
          • May 2010

Ok done that. The WAV has no glitch, if I convert back to MP3 the glitch is there again...

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Please see:

How do u update to the new lame version? And is this a good version to stick too? I heard the last version was buggy. Thanks

There was an issue with the lame '.3' updating to '.4' solves, we have yet to update dMC
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• carlatwork
              • May 2010

Excellent, thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...

]]>