title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

flac - what's the difference

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • john2755
    • May 2010

flac - what's the difference

I use foobar 2000 as a music player and dbpoweramp to convert from one file type to another. I have noticed there are 2 different types of flac file. One is coloured black which dbpoweramp will handle with no problem. The other is bright orange in foobar logo. This however cannot be converted to mp3 or wav. I am a novice in these things so I assume I must be missing something, can anyone enlighten me?:blush:
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: flac - what's the difference

I am guessing it is a cue sheet?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• john2755
      • May 2010

Re: flac - what's the difference

Thanks spoon,
      No it's not a cue sheet, I guess I'm not describing my delema too well.
      I have two types of flac files, both which play perfectly with foobar2000. They are different visually in that one is a black foobar icon, and the other is an orange foobar icon, but both flac. The black one will interact perfectly with dbpoweramp and I can use it to make cd's or mp3 for my walkman.
      The orange ones won't convert and no dbpoweramp data is visible. I have the relevant latest codec for flac. I can't see why I'm getting these different files or how to remedy the situation.:cry:
      Last edited by john2755; May 13, 2010, 08:09 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Working...

]]>