title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Apple Lossless Conversion Issue

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sputnik
    • May 2010

Apple Lossless Conversion Issue

I have the most upgraded version of dbpoweramp and all of the codecs. However, starting in November I installed everything and for a few weeks I was able to convert any FLAC file to apple lossless.

Shortly after that the conversion still occurred (as far as I could tell) and the file size was correct. However, I could no longer import the song(s) and they could no longer be played or recognized in any music program.

I have since completely uninstalled the program, used the dbpoweramp reset program, and reinstalled everything with no success.

To clarify, I cannot convert any file type to m4a, aac, etc at this point as the same problem occurs.

Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Apple Lossless Conversion Issue

Hold the mouse over one of the m4a files, what does dbpoweramp say about it? what size is the file?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sputnik
      • May 2010

Does this help?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Please email both the FLAC file and ALAC file to:

(put as 2 separate emails as 20MB is fairly large for email).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Thanks for the file, the m4a file is very corrupted (totally missing the moov chunk which describes the file), I am not sure how it can be like this...

I converted your flac file to Apple Lossless on my machine and the m4a file was perfect, so make sure you have the latest m4a codec (release 9):

Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sputnik
            • May 2010

I have been using the latest codec since it was released and that is the result for every file I attempt to convert.

I will completely uninstall everything, redownload the newest versions of the program and every codec I use and I will reinstall it one more time.

I hope this corrects it, but it hasn't helped before.

Edit to Add: I just removed everything, used the reset program, restarted the computer, redowloaded the latest version of the program. I also downloaded the M4A and AIF codecs.

When converting with the AIF codec this is the error message I got:

Error converting to Aiff, '\02 - I'm Yours.flac' to '\02 - I'm Yours.aif'
            Error Setting Position. [clAIFFHandler::ScanFile]
            Error Setting File Position. [clAIFFHandler::WriteChunkData]

I tried to convert the same file (and multiple others) using the M4A codec and had the same result as previously listed. Any other ideas?
            Last edited by Sputnik; May 15, 2010, 11:18 PM. Reason: Adding More Information

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

It sounds like something is stopping the program from being RANDOM access, ie the program writes a file then goes back and writes the header, but this is being stopped by your system. This would also account for the m4a not working. You are converting to a Hard Disc?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Looking at the error, where are the drive letters? it should be c:\path\filename.aif
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sputnik
                  • May 2010

You just identified the issue. They were not being converted onto a hard disc. I have since fixed where they were being converted and the issue has been resolved.
                  I was converting them on my Mac using Parallels to run Windows XP.

I have been using your program for years and I was dismayed that I might not be able to use it again. Now that has been taken care of. Thank you very much.

:D

Comment

Working...

]]>