title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Adding command line encoder id3v2 padding

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterandthewolf
    • Apr 2010

Adding command line encoder id3v2 padding

Hi all,

I'm trying to encode from various sources; wav, flac and WMA lossless to mp3 via the command line. The following works fine...

CoreConverter.exe -infile="D:\temp\source.wma" -outfile="D:\temp\source.mp3" -convert_to="mp3 (Lame)" -b 320

However no id3 tags are added to the file. I would like to add blank id3v2 and id3v1 tags to the file and be able to specify id3v2 padding size (for future cover art file)

lame has options for this "--add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2-size 65536" but I cannot find a means to get dbpoweramp to set these options.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Peter Townsend
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Adding command line encoder id3v2 padding

You would have to not use the dbpoweramp encoder, instead use the CLI Encoder and pass the string you want to lame.exe
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• peterandthewolf
      • Apr 2010

Re: Adding command line encoder id3v2 padding

Thanks Spoon,

I just got that working, here is the cmd line if anyone is interested:

CoreConverter.exe -infile="D:\temp\source.wma" -outfile="D:\temp\source.mp3" -convert_to="CLI Encoder" -cli_encoder="C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\mp3 (Lame)\lame.exe" -cli_cmd="-b 320 --tc comment --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2-size 65536 {qt}[infile]{qt} {qt}[outfile]{qt}"

I found if I didn't include at least one metadata tag the output mp3 would only have id3v2 tags.

Thanks for such a fantastic program!

Comment

Working...

]]>