title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch conversion question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andersoncj
    • Feb 2010

Batch conversion question

First off, I should thank you for making such a great product. I blindly purchased the Reference version after reading a lot of the posts. I am very glad I did. I'm running 64 bit Windows 7 with a quad core i7 and it runs great.

Now for my question... I have the following file types in my music library:
    MP3
    Apple Lossy
    Apple Lossless

I want to batch convert my entire library. I want to leave MP3 alone, Apple Lossy to WMA, and Apple Lossless to WMA Lossless.

What is the best way to approach this? I have my data on a NAS (HP Mediasmart server) and I copied it locally per the recommendation I saw in the forum. I did convert once already but I realized it just made everything whatever destination codec I chose. After reading the Spoon audio guide, I realize I don't want to make a lossy or MP3 WMA Lossless. So how do I selectively convert? Say if X exists, Convert to X.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Batch conversion question

Click on the "Filter" button and uncheck mp3. There is also an [Encode Local] utility codec currently in beta here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=14731 to keep you from having to copy all the files over every time.

Comment

• andersoncj
      • Feb 2010

I think I figured it out... I'll have to experiment but there is an option in the batch converter to exclude certain files. (filter)

From the help:
      "It stands to reason, if folders of audio files are being converted there might be a mix of audio files of different types. It is possible with Filter to exclude certain types, such as all types except mp3 from being converted."

Suppose I should have just read the help file before posting. ;-)

Comment

• andersoncj
        • Feb 2010

Thank you sir, looks like we were posting at the same time. I appreciate the response. I did the conversion just before I went to bed and it worked great.

Comment

Working...

]]>