title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music Length Conversion Error

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tiwo
    • Jan 2010

Music Length Conversion Error

I'm using the free version of dBpoweramp since i only need the converter for a short while. I converted a few of the songs i needed to perfectly during the alloted time during the trial session, but i never got around to finishing the job. When i finally got around to getting back on task, my trial version ended, but then i ran into an enexpeted problem.

I wanted to convert a few music files from 44.1 to 48 Hz ogg's, but for some reason it's only converting 1:45 (One minute, 45 seconds) of the song, and i'm left with a perfetcly fine conversion to 48 Hz, but only half the song. I've tried multiple different songs and the same thing is happening. However, what's weird is that when i open the original file i want in converted VLC media player, it plays and displays the song's full length. Is this because of the end of the free trial? Or is my version just wacky?

Any thoughts?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Music Length Conversion Error

The free trial is fully-functional. You have the Ogg Vorbis codec installed, right? What version of dMC and Windows are you using? Where did the Ogg files come from? What is their bitrate?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Make sure you have no DSPs running.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tiwo
        • Jan 2010

I'm using windows XP and dMC version R13.3, and yes i did have the ogg vorbis codec downloaded, but i'll redownload it and try again.
        The bitrates of the songs varies, but i'm converting them to 128 kbps. As for where i got the files, they were unpacked from .zip and .rar files i got online.

And noob question, what are DSP's?

Thanks,
        tyler
        Last edited by tiwo; January 23, 2010, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

On the converter is a DSP section, it should be blank. DSPs can alter the length.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>