title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WMA Track Number 'Different'

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kleinfelter
    • Feb 2003

WMA Track Number 'Different'

I converted some APE files to WMA. The TrackNumber in the APE files was correct. The TrackNumber in the WMA files shows as '(Different)'.

Huh? (He said eloquently...)

TIA
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

By different you mean one less? where are you getting your info from the yellow popup info tips?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kleinfelter
      • Feb 2003

WMA Track Number "Different"

The yellow pop up shows it as "1/-1", "2/-1", etc. However, when I right-click and select Edit Tag, the field shows as "(Different)". That's the characters left-paren, D, i, f, f, e, r, e, n, t, right-paren. This doesn't seem to be the case with files I converted before I acquired dMC.

To be honest, I'm not entirely certain who is providing the Edit Tag shell extension.

Thanks for the response!

Comment

• dbample
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Oct 2002

Do you have more than one file highlighted?

This happens if you have more than one file highlighted before you click to edit the tags. Since you are trying to edit the tags on more than one file simultaneously, all fields that are not identical would read 'Different'.

Cheers,
        KZ

Comment

• kleinfelter
          • Feb 2003

Different

I thought that was it at first, but I have only one file highlighted. It is a WMA converted from an APE. Right-click and Edit Tag on the APE shows a single track number.

Since I see "2/-1" on the WMA, is it possible that the -1 is confusing Edit?

This happens only when I convert to WMA. When I convert to MP3, Edit Tag shows the correct track number.

I'm using the Windows Media V9 codec. It happens both on VBR and CBR conversions.

Thanks for responding!

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Please send one of these wma files to dbpoweramp@dbpoweramp.com I will have a look.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kleinfelter
              • Feb 2003

Different

Will do. Email will have subject of "Different."

I think I may have a clue. In the yellow pop-up, I see "WM/Tracknumber: 08" and "WM/Track: 7". Perhaps this is what Edit Tag is reporting as Different? In this particular file, I'm converting from Monkey's Audio, and MAC shows the tag as 08. I wonder where the 7 in the WMA is coming from...

Thanks!

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Thanks got the files, a quick look at it and I have the bug too. I will try to fix it next week.

BTW those two entries in the info are correct with the WMA tag specification.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kleinfelter
                  • Feb 2003

Different

So the WMA file is OK and the Edit Tag code is all that's wrong?

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Where it shows [different] it should only show the track number, it will be a simple fix.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>