title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

after conversion shows incorrect kbps

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smeyers2
    • Dec 2009

after conversion shows incorrect kbps

Hi Everyone...

I just installed Music Converter... it's pretty cool. I converted a batch of 320 kbps mp3 to 192 kbps mp3 files. When I look at the converted files in Windows Explorer it still shows 320 kbps instead of 192. Was wondereing how I get Windows to show the proper kbps.

Thanks !!!

Steve
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: after conversion shows incorrect kbps

The filesize is much smaller after conversion?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• smeyers2
      • Dec 2009

Yes Sir !!! The file size is much smaller....

Comment

• smeyers2
        • Dec 2009

Well... One step forward... one backwards

I reinstalled the program and now the correct bit rate is showing in explorer.
        But, I have another situation. Before I was getting 4 cpu's working.... got the four different mp3's being converted at once... now I'm only getting one cpu.
        And that is despite the fact that I downloaded the DSP effects and checked off cpu 1, 2, 3, and 4 on the Force CPU. Also I did numerous conversions changing the settings on the Force CPU... It didn't change anything as far as the speed was concerned. It stayed at 8x to 9x on all Force CPU settings. I've been working on this all day, (and night) and am getting a little annoyed !!!!

Steve :thumbdown

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Make sure you have installed dBpoweramp Reference, as that is required for multi-cpu.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• smeyers2
            • Dec 2009

Been there, done that !!! I'll play with it some more later and see what happens! Have A Good One !

Comment

Working...

]]>