title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

error converting a particular kind of file

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sapient
    • Nov 2009

error converting a particular kind of file

I have installed the trial version on windows 7 x64 along with the direct show plugin. After installation I had no problems converting any kinds of files, everything worked fine. I tried a couple of files of the particular kind of filetype I was interested in converting, which is decoded with the help of the directshow plugin, and everything worked fine. However, when I tried converting this particular kind of file again after a few days, I started getting a windows error that the application stopped working with an explanation that some problem caused the program to stop working correctly. This problem occurs only when converting FROM a particular filetype, supported by the directshow plugin, TO any supported format. It occurs only with that particular filetype, which worked fine initially, and it occurs every time. Restart did not help. My trial period has not expired. I did not change anything in dbpoweramp converter, or the directshow filter that decodes the filetype. The filetype plays just fine with any directshow player, with no errors. The conversion still works fine on the same computer in the windows virtual machine XP mode, but not natively in win7. This makes converting the files quite a hassle. Anyone has any ideas? Please help.

P.S.: The filetype in question cannot be mentioned, if I expect an answer
    Last edited by sapient; November 13, 2009, 11:39 PM.
Working...

]]>