title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem with Real Audio codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sherif_shaaban
    • Dec 2002

Problem with Real Audio codec

Hi...I tried to transcode a .rm file into an .mp3 (Lame, voice preset) using the latest versions of dMC and dMC Real Audio codecs. The input file was about 57 min long at a bitrate of 7 kbps. The output file was only about 15 min long, and it played much faster than the original (I mean that the 15 min contain the same as 57 min but in much higher speed). I have the latest version of Lame and Real Player Gold V.2 (the free one). This problem also occured while I was trying to encode an .mp3 file at low bitrates e.g. voice -aps. Help!! Thanks in advance and keep up the good work
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Try converting the Real Audio file to wave, that will tell me if it is the mp3 encoding that is the problem.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sherif_shaaban
      • Dec 2002

I decoded the file into .wav and it was fine. So I guess that it's a problem of the .mp3 encoding process as you suggested. I had this problem before, when - as I mentioned - I encode files into .mp3 using low bitrate presets (Lame)...so any suggestions?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try different settings for lame?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sherif_shaaban
          • Dec 2002

Presets with higher bitrates work fine. I'm sorry I'm not specific, but I'll try to use different presets and know which bitrate or setting exactly is the source of troubles.
          By the way, the status bar in the RA decoder stands still during decoding..I mean there's no blue bar which progresses with the decoding process. The 'elapsed time' is working fine. Any suggestions..

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Just how it is.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Hi, I've just had the same problem (converting a mono .rm file to voice .mp3). Could the fact that it's mono be anything to do with the problem?
              Incidentally, I've tried the same conversion using the Blade mp3 encoder and that seems fine, so the problem is probably more academic than show stopper now.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

I am hoping to update that codec, but the new Real Audio SDK is very heaving going :(
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>