title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Mpeg Suite 2000

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dj_hitman
    • Feb 2003

Mpeg Suite 2000

What is the Mpeg Suite 2000? What are the system requirements to run this encoding program?

I am using Windows98. I have 400mhtz Processor with 256MG of RAM. Is this compatible for this Program?

I'm looking for an encoding program to addon to dBpowerAMP to rip CD's faster. Will this work for me?

Can you send me details on the Encoder program Mpeg Suite 2000, PLease! :confused:
  • MasterOfPuppets
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2002

dBpowerAMP is a different program than the MPEG Suite 2000, but it can use the codec that the MPEG Suite uses to make fast conversions to .mp3. In order to use the codec, you must first install the MPEG Suite 2000. Go to the MPEG Suite 2000 CLI codec installation page and follow the instructions there, and then you should be able to use the codec for faster converting.

I also run Windows 98 and have 256MB of RAM, and the MPEG Suite codec runs perfectly fine and converts superfast on my computer. You should have no trouble.

If you are looking to speed up ripping CDs, then installing the MPEG Suite codec can help. But, if you are already using the 'Rip & Encode at the Same Time' option with Power Pack, then using this codec shouldn't drastically affect rip time, but it is faster than many other .mp3 codecs out there, and should speed up the ripping process as a whole.
    Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; February 19, 2003, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• dj_hitman
      • Feb 2003

Faster Ripping

Will Mpeg Suite 2000 conflict with dBpowerAMP programs? How can I use the suite program, as to using rip & encode at the same time? I would like to rip a full CD in say 20 minutes verses 1 hour. Is this possible with Mpeg Suite 2000? And is there a way to incorporate these two programs to work together without conflicts?

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Nov 2002

Nope, MPEG Suite 2000 works perfectly fine with dBpowerAMP.

But remember, in this case, you're installing MPEG Suite 2000 to get the codec.exe, and if you really don't want it, you could uninstall it after.

I'm really not sure if the MPEG Suite 2000 CLI codec will bring your rip down forty minutes, but its worth a try. Interesting, does it take that long on other rippers?

Comment

• dj_hitman
          • Feb 2003

Mpeg Suite 2000

Master Of Puppets,

I have recently installed Mpeg Suite 2000 onto my machine. How do I configure it so that it runs with dBpowerAMP? Where do I place the Codec.exe to work with dBpowerAMP? And one other thing can you tell me how to properly configure the program so that it will function properly?

Thanks!
          Last edited by dj_hitman; February 28, 2003, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Nov 2002

First copy the codec.exe to any convenient directory, you'll configure it later. Then download the dMC MPEG Suite 2000 codec. When you start encoding your first file to MP3 using it, it will prompt you for the location of codec.exe, direct it to the place you copied it to earlier.

Comment

• dj_hitman
              • Feb 2003

Mpeg Suite 2000

MasterOfPuppets,

I have already done this, The stand alone program works fine. How do I get the codecs to work with dBpowerAMP, and where should I the place the codec.exe file so that it works with dBpowerAMP? :confused:

Comment

Working...

]]>