title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem with FLAC --> MP3 Conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackAdder
    • Nov 2009

Problem with FLAC --> MP3 Conversion

Hi,

Before moving to Windows 7 and re-installing DB reference, I was using it to rip CDs to FLAC on one hard drive, and then batch convert them to MP3 and save them on another hard drive. Now the ripping is fine, but the FLAC --> MP3 encoding is very slow, and I am getting the following error message on every file. Can anyone help?

Regards,
    Barnaby

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'D:\Neutral Milk Hotel\In the Aeroplane Over the Sea\Neutral Milk Hotel - 01 - The King of Carrot Flowers, Pt. 1.flac' to 'F:\MP3\Neutral Milk Hotel\Neutral Milk Hotel - The King of Carrot Flowers, Pt. 1.mp3'

Error unable to open File 'F:\MP3\Neutral Milk Hotel\Neutral Milk Hotel - The King of Carrot Flowers, Pt. 1.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'D:\Neutral Milk Hotel\In the Aeroplane Over the Sea\Neutral Milk Hotel - 02 - The King of Carrot Flowers, Pts. 2-3.flac' to 'F:\MP3\Neutral Milk Hotel\Neutral Milk Hotel - The King of Carrot Flowers, Pts. 2-3.mp3'

Error unable to open File 'F:\MP3\Neutral Milk Hotel\Neutral Milk Hotel - The King of Carrot Flowers, Pts. 2-3.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problem with FLAC --> MP3 Conversion

What is drive F? the other drive?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BlackAdder
      • Nov 2009

Drive F: is just another hard drive, identical to the one that I store my FLACs on. It seems to be working just fine -- lots of free space, and I can play MP3s from the drive just fine.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Perhaps there is no write access to drive. Try ripping to C: then manually move the files.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BlackAdder
          • Nov 2009

Okay, that worked. Something must have gotten messed up in the security settings for that drive during the switch to Windows 7. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...

]]>