title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC Displaying As Monkey's Audio - Help

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yellowdog
    • Sep 2009

FLAC Displaying As Monkey's Audio - Help

On my Windows 7 machine I'm getting this weird readout. I don't understand why it is happening. On my XP box, it does not happen. Please help!

• Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: FLAC Displaying As Monkey's Audio - Help

This is read from the system, in Windows Explorer if you look next to a FLAC file it would list it as Type=Monkey Audio?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• yellowdog
      • Sep 2009

Hi Spoon. I'm not really sure I understand your question but I'll give it a shot -

The screen capture is what shows up when I hover over a FLAC file with my mouse with dbpoweramp 13.3 (trial) installed on Windows 7. Windows explorer recognizes the file as a FLAC, foobar as well (as by the icon of the file and while playing). It only seems to be the DB popup window that is somehow reading the [.flac] file type as a Monkey's Audio. I have this version installed as well on an XP machine and it is not doing this. It shows [.flac] as FLAC.

I don't know what other info to provide, but if there is more needed let me know and I'll post it.

Comment

• yellowdog
        • Sep 2009

I uninstalled DB completely (also used the reset .exe) and uninstalled foobar as well. Windows Explorer was then showing the file as monkey's audio even though it has the .flac extension. I installed foobar next and it associated the files with a FLAC icon and explorer then recognized it as a FLAC file as well. Installed 13.3 and its doing the same as screen shot in my first post. I'm now confused as to what level "corruption" is taking place on.

Comment

• yellowdog
          • Sep 2009

This seems to happen after Traders Little Helper is installed. Why would the two be conflicting?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Nothing to do with foobar or dBpoweramp...
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>