title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

System Crashes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dminches
    • May 2009

System Crashes

I am running the music converter on a Intel quad core under XP Pro. My system never crashes except when I try to flac high res wav files (24/xx). It doesn't just crash, it just turns off. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: System Crashes

CPU is overheating? or you have checked the option to shutdown after conversion? (when converting click the \/ down arrow and look in After Conversion
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dminches
      • May 2009

I guess it could be the CPU overheating but I don't see why that would be on the only process that causes that. It is shutting down before it has completed the conversion so that isn't it. The next time I do this I'll load my CPU monitor to see what the heat is.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

On a working XP/ Vista / Windows 7 machine - it is not possible to crash Windows with user code (only drivers can cause this).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sjeffc
          • Jun 2010

I have the same problem. With xp the conversions work fine, but since I've changed to xp64 ( with the same computer ) converting multiple files usually shuts down my computer, sometimes after lots of files and sometimes after only 2 or 3.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Check for driver updates and stress test the system.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>