title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problems ripping The Two Towers soundtrack....?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Problems ripping The Two Towers soundtrack....?

Whenever I try to rip this CD I have problems with the track 'Isengard Unleashed'.

Whilst the other ripped tracks show as 192kbit, MP3 and the correct lengths, this track (5.01 mins long) shows in WinAmp as 1806 seconds, 32kbit MPEG1 Layer 1, 69480 frames. It's only 6.89MB.

What gives?

-Ben
  • Unregistered

I'd like to add that ripping to ogg works fine...

Comment

• Unregistered

Hmmm, on closer inspection, although they are the correct length, quite a lot of my dbpoweramp converted files show as MPEG1 layer 1?

I liked dbpoweramp, but now.....?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is a bug in winamp. To get around it run dMC Configuration and set the ID tag creation to 'Never V2', Winamp only supports a very early version of ID3v2.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Thanks...

So is track length stored in an ID tag? I would have thought that the program could work it out for itself?

Why were programs thinking it was an MPEG1 layer 1 file? Surely they work that out for themselves too?

Thanks again

-Ben

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

An id3v2 tag is placed at the beginning of an mp3 file, it really has nothing to do with mp3 and that causes the problems.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>