title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

converting ac3 in ACE

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peter_mc
    • Jul 2009

converting ac3 in ACE

Hi all,
    I've been trying to get ac3 files to convert to wma in Audio Conversion Engine (ACE). As per instructions I have downloaded the ac3 filter and the direct show filter.
    The instructions say to check the ac3 filter is selected in the direct show filter interface. I cannot access the interface to check as there is none and none of my .ac3 test files will convert!

Am I doing something wrong?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: converting ac3 in ACE

First try using Windows media player, if that cannot play the ac3 file then your filter is not installed correctly.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• peter_mc
      • Jul 2009

Windows media player does not display ac3 files in the browse window when selecting file>open. It also complains that it doesn't recognise the extension. But it does play the AC3 files fine.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You have followed the instructions and added .ac3 to the configuration text file?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• peter_mc
          • Jul 2009

Nope I couldn't find that file! Have looked harder and now found it and updated as per instructions. It now works fine!
          Thanks very much!

Comment

Working...

]]>