title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Flac id tag editing (please help)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damoresh
    • Jul 2009

Flac id tag editing (please help)

Recently i downloaded a song in Flac format its id tag meta was not proper so i by keeping the mouse pointer on the file & the Artist was written in capital like ARTIST and so on like GENRE, so i used the dmc converter and removed all the tags and i rewrote the tags and now it was correct. what was the problem then before?

Now can i right click and edit the id tag like mp3s or is there any other way to edit flac ids ?

In the configuration option i found tag creation Vorbis comments what is this exactly and why is the Id3v2 not recommended ?

Please help me know these few things and can they support album art as good as mp3 ?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Flac id tag editing (please help)

Flac uses Vorbis comments, having capital ARTIST and GENRE is fine by the FLAC specification the media player should read it fine.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• damoresh
      • Jul 2009

But i ripped a song to flac and in the configuration it was vorbis comments but the ARTIST; YEAR ;GENRE were not capital how can i make them all capital before i start ripping

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The element names (ARTIST etc) do not need to be capital...
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>