title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DMC CLI Parameters for Ogg Vorbis Lancer (aoTuV SSE3)" codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diabolo
    • Feb 2007

DMC CLI Parameters for Ogg Vorbis Lancer (aoTuV SSE3)" codec

Hi,

I want to convert FLAC files to OGG files using the command line interface (CLI) (CoreConverter.exe).

It works nice with the standard "Ogg Vorbis" codec.

I can choose the quality with the command line parameter -q="0.6".

Is it possible with the "Ogg Vorbis Lancer" codec as well ? (the "aoTuV SSE3" version)

It seems the parameter -q="0.6" has no effect with this codec. The quality remains always the default one (0.5).

I use the following command line :

Code:
    CoreConverter.exe -infile="infile.flac" -outfile="outfile.ogg" -convert_to="ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE3)" -q="0.6"

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: DMC CLI Parameters for Ogg Vorbis Lancer (aoTuV SSE3)" codec

See:

Certain Codecs (WMA, and compressed Wave) are difficult to setup as the settings are not guessable. Using CD Ripper it is possible to set the compression settings and read them back from the registry. Open CD Ripper, set the profile to default, set the encoder and settings as desired. Close CD Ripper then open regedit:
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Diabolo
      • Feb 2007

Thanks, Spoon.

Following the instructions, I have got the data for the value "CodecCLI_ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE3)" under the key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\C DRipper\Profiles\(default)

The data is :

Code:
      -cli_encoder="C:\Program Files\Multimedia\dBpoweramp\encoder\ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE3)\oggenc2.exe" -cli_cmd="-q 6 -p 1 - -o {qt}[outfile]{qt}" -selection="0,14"
      Then I tried to modify my command line.
      -q="0.6" was replaced by -q 6, so the new line is :

Code:
      CoreConverter.exe -infile="infile.flac" -outfile="outfile.ogg" -convert_to="ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE3)" -q 6
      It didn't work. The ogg file is generated, but the quality is the default one (q 0.5).

What is the parameter(s) I have to specify at the end of the CoreConverter.exe command line ?

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Code:
        CoreConverter.exe -infile="infile.flac" -outfile="outfile.ogg" -convert_to="ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE3)" -cli_encoder="C:\Program Files\Multimedia\dBpoweramp\encoder\ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE3)\oggenc2.exe" -cli_cmd="-q 6 -p 1 - -o {qt}[outfile]{qt}" -selection="0,14"
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Diabolo
          • Feb 2007

It works now. :smile2:

Many thanks Spoon.

dBpoweramp is a great piece of software, very useful and very pleasant to use !

Comment

Working...

]]>