title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Trying to convert a sample library from 24bit to 16bit and maintain folder structure

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IBDIGITALB
    • Jul 2009

Trying to convert a sample library from 24bit to 16bit and maintain folder structure

Hello everyone, Im trying to convert a samples library with many folders (hi-hat, snares, bass drums, guitars etc.) Each audio file is only milleseconds long so there are thousands and they are organized well into different folders. They are 24 bit.wav files and my sampler wont read them so I need to convert them to 16bit .wav. Problem is dbpoweramp just dumps them all mixed up in one huge folder and doesnt retain the folder structure. I tried a few different dynamic folder settings but nothing seems to keep the folder structure intact. please somebody help:( it would take forever to manually re-do all the folders!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Trying to convert a sample library from 24bit to 16bit and maintain folder struct

Use Batch Converter, switch on the Dynamic naming:

Set the Drive

and dynamic naming to:

[origpath]\[origfilename]
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• IBDIGITALB
      • Jul 2009

Re: Trying to convert a sample library from 24bit to 16bit and maintain folder struct

Thats exactly what I did! I used that exact same dynamic naming setting and it didnt work, I even reversed it and tried a few other combinations. it doesnt maintain the folder structure it's really weird. I dont understand I wish I could show you. Basicially its naming the first folders in the path all the same name with one letter different on each one with one letter being added to each folders name progressively until the last folder actually spells the entire folder name like its supposed to (sounds confusing I know) and then inside each one of those folders is the files and they are all mixed up incorrectly:(
      Last edited by IBDIGITALB; July 03, 2009, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Before converting, click 'List & Rename' and take a screen shot (extend the columns to show full input and output filenames)
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hitmouse
          • Dec 2008

Using a copy of your folder structure, then do the conversion so that it replaces the original files (or in this case the copy of the originals).

Comment

• IBDIGITALB
            • Jul 2009

Ok I figured it out. I restarted db poweramp and changed the output folder and it worked for some reason thats the only thing I did. I think it was showing the folder name in the output that I named it previously so It could not open the directory cause it didnt exist, so I restarted it and changed the name of the folder and it worked. thanks for the quick response! dbpoweramp rocks!!

Comment

Working...

]]>