title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

MP3 to WAV for use with PowerPoint 2007

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Narcissius
    • Jun 2009

MP3 to WAV for use with PowerPoint 2007

I create a large number of PowerPointShows using Microsodt Office 2007.
    Since I have upgraded dBpoweramp Music converter from the old V9 to the latest 13.2, I can't insert the converted WAV music into my PowerPointShows.

Am I missing something ? A codec perhaps ? Or the software does not work with my present configuration ? Yet, the converted music will play as any other type of music on my computor thru Windows Media Player !

The only way that I've found to circumvent this probem is to use the old V.9 version on my old computor and move the music back on my new machine using my USB key... a little bit troublesome, you will admit.

My new computor is a quite powerfull machine with VISTA with all its numerous updates and Microsoft Office 2007.

I would appreciate all information and advice on my problem.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: MP3 to WAV for use with PowerPoint 2007

dBpoweramp Configuration >> Codecs >> Adavanced Settings and disable wave id tagging.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Narcissius
      • Jun 2009

Thank you SPOON !
      Done that but to no avail.

The settings with the older version V9 were as follows and it always worked:

11 KHz
      16 bit
      18 Kbps
      mpeg layer 3
      Lowlossy

I cannot set up like this on the new version ?
      It plays on Windows Media Player but cannot be inserted into PowerPoint.

WMA is also acceptable by PowerPoint, but the file gets much too large for PPS E-Mailing - Any other ways to convert and condense to smaller WMA file ?

If I only could I transfer the older version on my new computer - I tried but it automatically gets updated to the new version. The older one was plenty good for my needs.

Thanks for your patience.
      Last edited by Narcissius; June 24, 2009, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Try choosing wave-mp3 and use those settings, does that work?

Comment

• hitmouse
          • Dec 2008

How big is the file?

Check PPT's setting for "Max Sound File Size(KB)"

Comment

• Narcissius
            • Jun 2009

Thanks Guys,

The mp3 files are in the neighbourhood of 3 to 5 mo, which is normal.
            As I've stated before, with the earlier version V9, I was able to convert as well as to compress to WAV files at around 300 to 500 ko. Which is just fine for insertion into a PowerPoint destined to be e-mailed to friends and family.

And, to answer HitMouse, my PPT setting is at maximum for music insertion and that is 50,000 ko or 50 mo, if you like.

I am at a lost trying all kinds of settings with this new version 13.2
            I would have thought that it would have been at least as easy as the old one, but unfortunately, not so.

Thanks all for your interest,

There is a solution however that I am contemplating and that is to convert MP3 into a WMA format which is also accepted by PowerPoint, but I must find a way to reduce in size WMA files, else my PPS will be too large for e-mailing.

So again thanks for your interest.

Comment

• Narcissius
              • Jun 2009

Oh ! One more remark, if you please.

In not receiving a solution to my simple problem from this forum disappointed me quite a bit.
              But, on the other hand, I do not feel at all that too ignorant if a bunch of experts on this forum have not been able to find a solution as well.

I am far from having all the knowledge some of you guys have, I ignore all this fancy lingo most of you use, but one thing I discovered, not many understand the intricacies related to PowerPoint as much as me from what I have received so far. That, in itself is a small reward as far as knowledge of music goes.

No hard feelings boys, I realise that the blind cannot lead the blind, as it is said !

Regards

Narcissius
              Last edited by Narcissius; June 26, 2009, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Select the Advanced Button where you setup the mp3 bitrate and choose the ISO compatibility option. Worth a try.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hitmouse
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Narcissius
                  Thanks Guys,

The mp3 files are in the neighbourhood of 3 to 5 mo, which is normal.
                  As I've stated before, with the earlier version V9, I was able to convert as well as to compress to WAV files at around 300 to 500 ko. Which is just fine for insertion into a PowerPoint destined to be e-mailed to friends and family.

And, to answer HitMouse, my PPT setting is at maximum for music insertion and that is 50,000 ko or 50 mo, if you like.

I am at a lost trying all kinds of settings with this new version 13.2
                  I would have thought that it would have been at least as easy as the old one, but unfortunately, not so.

Thanks all for your interest,

There is a solution however that I am contemplating and that is to convert MP3 into a WMA format which is also accepted by PowerPoint, but I must find a way to reduce in size WMA files, else my PPS will be too large for e-mailing.

So again thanks for your interest.
                  I suspect it has nothing to do with the music converter. I checked PPT forums and found other people experiencing problems with attaching audio files (on Windows and Mac), and I doubt that of them were using the music converter. I don't udnerstand how you are producing WAV files smaller than WMA for the same content and quality.

I would check the PPT forums first. You may find it is related to something else like AntiVirus software.

PS I was very confused about ko ( as you pvt messaged me without any context ) - you will find it easier if you say kb and Mb, as there are no ko or mo units for anything I'm aware of in science or computing.

Comment

• Narcissius
                    • Jun 2009

Hello HitMouse,

Thanks for the info about the PPS or PPT forum. I'll look it up.

As I have said in a previous article, I still have on my old computor the V9 version of DbPoweramp. So, for the time being, I go get my music on that computor using my USB key and I transfer and insert that WAV tune into my PPT or PPS, if you like, without any problem whatsoever. I just find it a drag to go thru these motions when one would expect that a newer version of the software would enable me to do the same as before.
                    In Canada, we use both expression for size of files : Ko or Kb, Mo for Mb and Go for Gb. 'Bites' in English and 'Octet' in French.

My antivirus, you stated ? Who knows, I will check that as well.

Many thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>