title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't convert to wma mono!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dc4life
    • Jun 2009

Can't convert to wma mono!

I'm running Windows Vista Home 32-bit system. I have all the right codecs installed and I'm trying to convert from mp3 to wma.

I'm using dbpoweramp 12.4 and I'm converting to Windows Media Audio 10 using Windows Media Audio 9.2 codec.

Converting to stereo is fine:
    Target: Bit Rate (CBR)
    Settings: 32 kbps 22kHz stereo CBR

Converting is no problem but when I try mono:
    Target: Bit Rate (CBR)
    Settings: 32 kbps 22kHz mono CBR

I get an error that says:

Error converting to Windows Media Audio 10, 'C:\Users\DC\Music\gospel\thru the bible - bible study\49_Eph\49000.mp3' to 'C:\Users\DC\Music\gospel\thru the bible - bible study\49_Eph\49000.wma'
    Error Creating WMA Profile. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

:confused::confused:

The mp3 file that I'm converting from is as follows:

Channels: 1 (mono)
    Sample Rate: 22 KHz
    Sample Size: 16 bit
    Bit Rate: 32 kbps

I have about 1,300 files like that that equal 5.2 GB and I'm trying to put them on an mp3 player that holds only about 4 GB. The player only plays mp3 and wma files. The files are mostly voice (just talking, no music) and I want to make the file size smaller than its original w/o too bad quality.

Once again the error that I get when converting to mono wma is:

Error converting to Windows Media Audio 10, 'C:\Users\DC\Music\gospel\thru the bible - bible study\49_Eph\49000.mp3' to 'C:\Users\DC\Music\gospel\thru the bible - bible study\49_Eph\49000.wma'
    Error Creating WMA Profile. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

:confused::confused:

Is there a solution or fix for this?
    Any help would be appreciated! :smile2:
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can't convert to wma mono!

We know about this and our initial investigations could not discover why it was failing.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>