title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpowerpack

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dj_hitman
    • Feb 2003

dBpowerpack

Is there any drawbacks to running dBpowerpack? I am using Windows98 platform, My Processor is 400MHz AMD k6 and I have 256k of RAM. This program will not cause my machine to lock-up or crash, will it?

So far all of the other programs that dBpowerAMP has works fine. But they run pretty slow, I mean ripping from CD's takes almost an hour to ripp. And Ripping from an outside source with the Auxiliary Program has no ID Tags. Other than that I give this Program four thumbs up.

Can running dBpowerpack fix these problems that I've encountered?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Most of your time is taken up compressing so the power pack will not help out too much - unless you look at the MPEG Suite2000 cli compressor, that might help.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dj_hitman
      • Feb 2003

Thanks Spoon,

I have found many ways to make your program work for me...

Just need to know how to increase the time on the Auto-stop.
      When it finishes it cuts out about 5 seconds off the ending of my songs, Is there any way to increase the time that Auto stop uses at the end of the mp3's or wave files?

Can I increase the 3000ms to achieve this or do I decrease the ms's.......? your reply would be much appreciated.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Increase the percentage, maybe 15%, also install the Power Pack as that preserves the end buffer as well.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dj_hitman
          • Feb 2003

Power Pack

Spoon,
          I have the powerpack installed. I have decreased the % to 3% and Increased ms by 4000. This seems to work. I only lose about a 30eth of a second in my finished product.

Spoon, I have a second Question for you.
          How do I speed up the ripping process in CD input? I am already using the rip to ram and the encoder at the same time. As I previously told you I have a 400mhtz Processor and 256megs of RAM. So what else would you recommand I do to speed up my ripping speed?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You are on the right path trying the MPG Suite 2000
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>