title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error Message '...EncodeBlock' when ripping

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marc222
    • Jun 2009

Error Message '...EncodeBlock' when ripping

Hello,

at first ripping went completely ok, but now ripping is no more possible, the following error message appears again an again:

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 1' to '\\NAS-B6-78-0C\media\Music\Keyshia Cole\Just Like You\Keyshia Cole - 01 - Let It Go.mp3'
    Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]

I deleted an reinstalled the program with no success. What can I do?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Error Message '...EncodeBlock' when ripping

Try ripping to your local HDD. Also using the Quality setting for Lame (not ABR or CBR).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• flips
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jan 2006

I got the same
      "error writing audio data to stdin pipe [dEncoder::EncodeBlock]"
      using m4a Nero.

I was trying to write the result to a network drive (T:\foo) and then I got this error. When I switched to a local drive (actually a shared folder in Parallels for OSX) I got no such error.

I do not have this problem writing to a network share in XP Pro in VMware Fusion. (This is Win7 in Parallels)
      Anything I can do/check? (Writing to local volume and then copy, seems a little inconvenient.)

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try using a codec such as wave as a test (this one writes direct instead of routing through stdio).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• flips
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
          Try using a codec such as wave as a test (this one writes direct instead of routing through stdio).
          Yes, no trouble using wave writing to the CIFS volume ...
          I am not familiar with stdio and such on Windows (I know redirection and file descriptors in *nix). Did we learn anything that helps us fix this, or just that "it doesn't work"?
          I could try installing in VMware instead and see if that makes a difference ...

I just found out that half of the files I ripped yesterday – to a local/shared folder – has to be ripped again. Half of the files are not recognized as mpeg streams/m4a at all. I assume it's the host<->vm filesystem that's corrupting stuff ...

Comment

• m4rk
            • Feb 2010

I was half way through ripping 400 CD's to my NAS drive when my trial expired. I bought the Reference version of DBpowerAmp and then I get the same error with one disk of a 4 CD album. I switched to my local drive and it rips fine!!!

Comment

• rildo
              • Apr 2011

I got the same error message (yes, I noticed this thread is almost two years old) when both ripping and converting files. Test conversion and ripping works normally, ripping to FLAC works, but the program keeps running into this error when encoding into MP3. All of these were done with local storage.

The basic issue is this: For MP3 encoding, the program only works with both filenames and folders in English. If either the filename or folder name contains non-English characters, the program will encounter this error during conversion, and CD ripping to MP3 for all titles with non-English characters will run into this error as well.

The workaround is: for CD ripping, use FLAC as the encoder. For MP3 conversion, rename all filenames and/or folders in English prior to running the converter, then rename everything back to original afterwards - tedious and very annoying.

I wish dbpoweramp would properly support Unicode.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

It does support unicode properly, infact R14 is only unicode (will not run on anything prior to XP).
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>