title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping From Auxiliary Sources

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dj_hitman
    • Feb 2003

Ripping From Auxiliary Sources

Can dBpowerAMP v.9, rip music from an auxiliary source? I have a tape player connected to my injack on the back of my computer. And I would like to know about the ripping capabilities of this new version.
  • Unregistered

Recording from Tape

I have just tried this. All seems to work fine during the recording session, i.e. each track is picked up, but the resulting file consists of the last track only.

I tried naming all the tracks individually, but they all take the name of the first track which is probably why only the last track is recorded. I assume I should be able to name the tracks individually and have them stay that way, but I must be doing something wrong.

I have an uptodate XP system.

David

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

dMC will record with the Auxilliary Input Addon.

Unregistered: In Aux Input click 'Options' and make sure 'File Arragnement' is set to something like:

[artist] - [title]

Not a fixed filename.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dj_hitman
        • Feb 2003

RE: Ripping From Auxiliary Sources

Spoon,

Is there a special addon program I must download to have this feature? I am a novice here. I have been using dBpowerAMP for over a year. But these new features has gotten my attention.

I use windows98, What other programs/Addons do i need to enhance my experience with dBpowerAMP?

Comment

• Burn Baby Burn
          • Feb 2003

Rip it !

dj,
          I use dMC's Auxiliary Input to copy cassette tapes, LP's, 45's, etc. to my PC as .wav files, then I burn them to CD.
          dMC RULES !

I just plug a 1/8" stereo cord (the same on both ends) into the 'headphone' jack on a cassette player, then into my 'line in' on my PC's sound card.
          Start recording using dMC's Auxiliary Input, fire up the cassette, bam !

Good luck.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

The addon is 'Auxillary Input' get it on the dMC download page near the bottom.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

I've recently installed poweramp and the auxilary input on an XP system but am having the same problem as unregistered David. As David stated, the final file consists of the last track only. I've tried manually recording each listed track and reinstalling to no avail. File arrangement is completed as "artist - album"

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Auxilliary Input >> Record menu >> Record with options

click 'Rename Files' - does it show different filenames to the left?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Hi,

No. Say I have 4 track album (quantity greater than one really irrelevant). I have under "Converting to" C:\Converted Music\ (Artist)-(Album).mp3 against all four tracks, whereas under "Converting From" I have \\Aux\Track01.aux or \\Aux\Track02 etc up to 04.

Clearly writing each track to same filename - so I presume I'm doing something very simple very wrong !!! Having thought about it a bit more - should I use "File Creation" for each track or do I add say "track01", using F2, after the album name but before ".mp3"? I've not tried either yet.

Thanks for assisting

Steve

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

>(Artist)-(Album).

Your File Creation must be wrong, they should be:

[Artist] - [Track]

Then you set the names of the tracks in aux input, or leave them as Track01, Track2 etc.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Spoon

(Artist) - (track) in "File creation" does the trick. I'd misunderstood and been typing the actual artist and track or album in "File Creation"

Thanks

Steve

Comment

Working...

]]>