title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch converter not responding?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whooliggen
    • Mar 2009

Batch converter not responding?

Hi All,

It was after going through this forum in depth that I decided upon dB, so thanks very much for all of your inputs on the program. I have a problem however...

I've downloaded the trial and everything has gone smoothly using batch convert (locating/selecting the tracks to convert), but when selecting the "convert" option, the screen flashes briefly and nothing happens?
    I've re-started the system and tried with a number of different files, but every time with the same outcome.

Any ideas?

I really wanted the program as I don't like foobar so much, so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Whooliggen
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Batch converter not responding?

Try selecting only a few files then convert, does that work? Can you right click on files in Explorer >> Convert To? does that work?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• whooliggen
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
      Try selecting only a few files then convert, does that work? Can you right click on files in Explorer >> Convert To? does that work?
      I tried a full uninstall/reinstall, but now when I select the files to do converted, none of them appear in the "files to be converted" window?
      System error do you think?

Comment

• whooliggen
        • Mar 2009

I have also tried selecting just a few files yeah, and still same problem?

Comment

• whooliggen
          • Mar 2009

UPDATE.

I Have unistalled 13.1 & reinstalled 12.3 to see what's what. I have exactly the same problem, but with 12.3 I can atleast convert through Explorer, so I'm just going to stick with that for now.
          Only problem I have is that 12.3 uses the lame 3.97 and trying to update with the latest lame doesn't seem to work? Does it have anything to do with the latest lame being named "lame_enc.dll" and the lame file in version 12.3 being named "mp3 (Lame).dll"?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Uninstall, reboot windows, install R13
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

dMC r13 uses the lame.exe to encode, r12 uses a lame_enc.dll file.

Comment

• whooliggen
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LtData
                dMC r13 uses the lame.exe to encode, r12 uses a lame_enc.dll file.
                Yeah, but when I put the lame_enc.dll file in the folder and open the program, it still recognises the "mp3 (Lame).dll" and lets me go through the convert process, whereas "lame_enc" appears in the conversion drop-down, nothing works from then when I try a convert. I'm clearly not overwriting/installing the updated lame codec correctly right?

Comment

Working...

]]>