title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Does 'Support' monitor this forum?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomTom
    • Mar 2009

Does 'Support' monitor this forum?

Hi

I've previously posted a question on this forum dated 03-16-2009:

Hi I have a project at work that requires us to batch convert a large number of header-less pcm (.raw) files ripped from our CDA archiives to .wav. The files are extracted with a .01, .02 etc. extension, depending on the number of audio tracks on a disc. The file extensions then need to be renamed to .raw for them to be

So far I've received no answer from Support to what I would consider a fairly simple question. As email support is not offered for dBpoweramp MC, and am told that the forums are the means to receive answers, I'm somewhat dissapointed at the lack of a response. So what is the expected time frame I can expect an answer? Are there any other ways to get support?

I've purposefully not added an update to my initial query, so that Support seeing
    zero replies may be more ammenable to a response. The update is:

I've downloaded the .raw (read) codec from this site and installed it - still my raw files are not recognised by MC.

As my project looms close, I need some resolution, or else dump the prospect of using MC as my preferred software.
    Thanks for any response.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Does 'Support' monitor this forum?

There is no raw codec for R13, or R12.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TomTom
      • Mar 2009

Maybe I should re-phrase my meaning. Will dMC be able to recognise and then process (convert to .wav) raw pcm files? If not, why is this possible with other audio conversion software and not dMC? What is the Raw Input Decoder found on the Codec Legacy page for?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

> If not, why is this possible with other audio conversion software and not dMC?

I am sure there will always be cases of other software doing things that dMC cannot, dMC wil do things that other software cannot...

Legacy codec central is for R11.5 of dMC - that will do as you require.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TomTom
          • Mar 2009

Thanks for the reply Spoon.

Does R11.5 support command line? As a registered user of R12, what would be required to downgrade to the earlier version, just to complete our immediate tasks? We usually extensively use R12, but at the moment with the current project, we could possibly downgrade till the project is completed. The multi-core support, speed and other functionality of dMC make it our preferred choice.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

I think r11.5 just supports scripting and not command-line. As for getting r11.5, see here for instructions on how to have both r11.5 and r12: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm and here for how to get a registered install (required for scripting, I believe): http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12280

Comment

• TomTom
              • Mar 2009

Thanks LtData....I've sent off an email request for R11.5.

Comment

Working...

]]>