title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC to WMA results in 5K files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brian719
    • Feb 2009

Re: FLAC to WMA results in 5K files

Spoon, the wma->wav doesnt work, just like the flac->wav didn't until you made your fix. I should have converted to wav first and then to wma but I screwed up by deleting the flac files too soon.

I think since the WAV file does not embed the song length, that will solve my problem. Is there any chance you can do the same fix on wav files with no length as you did with FLAC?

Many many thanks in advance!
    -Brian

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

I have not got a clue what is going on - on your system, it is very unusual that 2 formats would have problems, let alone one format...Try a different computer?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Brian719
        • Feb 2009

Sorry, Spoon, let me try to be clearer in my problem: 2 years+ ago I used your program to convert WMA lossless to FLAC and for some reason the song length did not convert over. It still played in windows media player but would not convert back (creating small 5k files) Then I reported this to you and sent you a sample of the FLAC file with the problem and last month you wrote a fix that allowed me to convert it back to WMA.

So I did, but still the track length did not come over and I was stuck with the same probem. I should have used your fix to convert to WAV and then to WMA but I was lazy and didn't do that.

Now I am in the same predicament because I can't convert from WMA lossless with no track length to WAV or FLAC.

I'm hoping you can do the same magic you did for FLAC for WMA for me and then I will be able to move the files to WAV and back and be a happy camper.

Thanks again for your patience with me, and thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Sincerely,
        -Brian

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Does Windows Media Player play those wma lossless files to the right length?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Brian719
            • Feb 2009

yes. do you want a sample file?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

It probably would not help, because WMA decoding relies on the system codecs which are different from XP >> Vista, or even Windows 7 which we use now.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Brian719
                • Feb 2009

I'm on vista, Spoon.

Are you planning to fix the wma lossless to be able to convert without the track length, or am I f'd?

-Brian

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Microsoft have a command line decoder which will do wma lossless to wave:

Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>